SpaceX Superheavy model kit
This model is based on actual flight hardware, designed and manufactured by Space Exploration Technologies Corporation (a.k.a., SpaceX). It is NOT officially endorsed or licensed by SpaceX.
Due to business travel, kits ordered after December 14th will ship from December 26th.
Due to the current worldwide situation, shipping to some countries is suspended or strongly delayed.
- USA, Australia, New Zealand: shipping is by surface mail, which can take a few months to arrive.
- France: air shipping is available
Please contact me before ordering to check the current situation.
If you just bought a Superheavy kit, go all the way down to the Support section to download the assembly manual and control software.
Price is in Japanese Yen (JPY). Free shipping worldwide.
This is a scale model of the first stage of the Starship/Superheavy stack (September 2019 design). Functions
- All engines light up
- The 4 fins unfold and rotate
- Scale: 1/100
- Length: 68cm (27 inches)
- Hull diameter: 9cm (3.5 inches)
- Width (including legs): 16cm (6.3 inches)
Included in the SpaceX Superheavy model kit
- 3D printed parts for the ship itself including the internal mechanics
- LEDs for the engines
- servomotors for the grid fins fins
- The control board and micro-controllers with the firmware already installed
- DC power adapter
- USB cable
- Stand for vertical display
- Stands for horizontal display
- Adapter to stack Starship on top of Superheavy (Starship model sold separately)
- No painting needed
- The user has to solder the control board and the LEDs
- Some parts must be glued together
This kit is difficult! Assembling the SpaceX Superheavy model kit requires serious model making and soldering skills! I highly recommend to first get the Starship model which is easier to assemble.
For the detailed assembly instructions, scroll down to the bottom of this page and download the file “Superheavy 2019 – Kit assembly manual”.
The kit comes with a 5V power adapter.
When you power up Superheavy, the engines periodically turn on and off (cycle repeats every 20 s). The fins unfold, rotate for a while then fold again (cycle repeats every 30 mins).
Control from a PC
When Superheaby is powered on and connected to a computer via the USB cable, you can control the servomotors and the lights using a dedicated software. The software allows you to:
- Finely tune the motion range of the servomotors
- Manually move the fins
- Change the color of the lights
- Manually switch on/off the lights
- Modify the animation of the engines and fins when Superheavy is not manually controlled (for example, have the fins move every 10 minutes instead of 30minutes)