SpaceX Starship model kit.
This model is based on actual flight hardware, designed and manufactured by Space Exploration Technologies Corporation (a.k.a., SpaceX). It is NOT officially endorsed or licensed by SpaceX.
Due to the current worldwide situation, shipping to many countries is suspended or strongly delayed.
Please contact me before ordering to check the current situation.
If you just bought a Starship kit, go all the way down to the Support section to download the assembly manual and control software.
Price is in Japanese Yen (JPY). Free shipping worldwide.
The ship model is the same as the one showcased on YouTube (https://youtu.be/vtlpLyk1EiA) except for a few improvements
- The upper halve of the hull is printed in Silk Silver PLA. This gives a shiny steel-like aspect looking way better than in the YouTube video.
- The lattice of the front window is black instead of grey. This unifies the design with the small windows which have a black frame around.
- The engines and windows light up
- The 4 fins move
Close up of the engines
- Scale: 1/100
- Length: 50cm (20 inches)
- Hull diameter: 9cm (3.5 inches)
- Wingspan: 18cm (7 inches)
Included in the SpaceX Starship model kit
- 3D printed parts for the ship itself including the internal mechanics
- LEDs for the engines and windows
- servomotors for the 4 fins
- The control board and micro-controllers with the firmware already installed
- Power cable
- USB cable
- Two stands: one horizontal display and one vertical display
- No painting needed
- The user has to solder the control board and the LEDs
- Some parts must be glued together
- Average assembly time is 2 days
Assembling the SpaceX Starship model kit requires some model making and soldering skills!
For the detailed assembly instructions, scroll down to the bottom of this page and download the file “Starship 2019 – Kit assembly manual”.
The kit comes with a 5V power adapter.
When you power up Starship, all the lights turn on. After about 10 s the fins start moving for 2 mins, then stop for 28 min. The cycle repeats every 30 min.
Control from a PC
When Starship is powered on and connected to a computer via the USB cable, you can control the servomotors and the lights using a dedicated software. The software allows you to:
- Finely tune the motion range of the servomotors
- Manually move the fins
- Change the color of the lights
- Manually switch on/off the lights